Tuesday 22 April 2008

A trip to the zoo.......

In the last week or 2 we went to the zoo..............it is a wonderful open plain zoo and the animals roam around in there areas - lots of great grasses like these.........some even had pink tinges...........very pretty floating in the breeze..........


Our favourite Aussie icon..............koala..........



Ibis.........amazing rookeys up in the trees...........they could go anywhere but stay here at the zoo.........


Meerkats - my favourite - very inquisitive

so pretty.........a peacock wandering around the ground.....


so many animals I collaged some pics so I could share more ..........


Asian elephant on the left (small ears) and African on the right -the kids say their ears are the shape of Africa..........


most displays don't have a big obvious fence in front of them................



my favourites the otters - this is a new display since I was last at the zoo..........



muncing away...........



I take these pics as if I have none of these roos at my place ...............lol...........I have lots and lots of roos roaming around my farm.............this guy decided to get up

I did well..............you can drive, ride a bike or just walk around the zoo..........well I choose to walk around and I did it, I made it, it is 6km without wandering off the track into smaller displays.........I was footsore by the time I got back to the start...............I do think it was easier walking around............heaps of people ride bikes (then have them to hire) and the people that weren't used to riding looked pretty stuff by the end....lol............

Until I can find some more sewing time enjoy the zoo...............

.........take care.............

20 comments:

jodie said...

great pics.... lol at the pic of the grasses..... thought any type of grass would be a dirty word for you at the moment!!

Jodie

dutchcomfort said...

Isn’t blogging amazing... a few minutes ago I was in Vietnam (Leanneshouse blog) and now I visited your Zoo in OZ! I love Meerkats, they’re so funny!
If you like Otters you should pay a visit to this link http://redfishcircle.blogspot.com/2008/04/otters-holding-hands.html
Have fun!

Unknown said...

Well now, that brought back some memories. Took my 2 younger kids there with a gf and her 3 kids years ago. Started out by walking, uuuugh, sore feet, ended up with one of those cart thingies. Thanks for the photo's.

Doodlebug Gail said...

What lovely photos .... and yes, that's good exercise isn't it! It looked like a nice day for the zoo.

Stina Blomgren said...

Lovely pictures..showed them to my son...and he loved them...
Good of you to go that round instead..I bet you saw things they didn´t...;D

Floss said...

Love the zoo pictures, which zoo is this?

Leanne said...

Oooh I love the zoo and thankfully so do Gemma & Lucas STILL. Thanks for taking me before I head off to work.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Nice photos it is time to visit the zoo I think, what a shame I have no little people to take...

Jenny said...

It looks like a really great zoo-wonderful photos.

Chocolate Cat said...

Isn't this just the best zoo! Have visited it most years since it opened, done the bikes, buggy, car and walking around.My kids still love it even now they are teenagers!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip! I've never been to the Dubbo zoo... Your photos are fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

It's that classic saying, "You never appreciate what you have". It's so long since we have been out there, I haven't seen the otters either. Love your photos, I'm sure some of those will end up on those beautiful cards your doing.

Jodie said...

Oh they didn't have otters way back when we lived there. Thanks so much for this post Donna- A trip down memory lane.

Levin said...

what sort of camera do you have? I'm researching at the moment as mine has died!
i love your pictures and I too love meerkats - they are sooooo cute.
mind you, having looked at the photos again, I'd have to say that I love all the animals. glad to hear you had a great time!
l
x

Cathy said...

What gorgeous photos!! Cathyxx

Solstitches said...

Donna what a fabulous picture show.
It's the next best thing to actually being there and seeing the animals for myself.

Claudia said...

Thank you very much for your visit, here in Italy the zoo is only in Roma. I'd like to bring my children to see animals like tose in your photos but here is impossible.
Claudia

Cheryl said...

Great photos. But won't show them to my daughter the zoo keeper because she would be hightailing over there to seek employment. What a beautiful place!

Unknown said...

I hope there was a good fence around the lions! Thanks for sharing.

annapaola said...

ciao.
Your photo and your Blog are very wonderful!!!
i visit you in a few days.
ciao
ciao
Anna paola Italy