Wednesday 26 August 2009

4 blognormous days...........

If you don't want to hear me rave on about all the wonderful blog girls then skip this post......and the next couple.........but it's my blog to say what I want.................as I live so far away from bloggy friends and adventures I make the most of opportunities and pack in heaps when I get the chance.............hence the total exhaustion................Kris get yourself a cuppa cause this one is long..............


oh and if I don't give you all the links then you won't be able to visit them.........heaps of links included

It all started with a morning at Ag quip...........farm boys heaven..........but I had a wonderful morning with Bec...........it was so nice wandering around chatting............checking out the more girly displays..........

then it was off to Alison's for afternoon tea........beautiful cake............oh and her house is beautiful with lots of wonderful beautiful patchwork, stitcheries, cross stitches everywhere.........truely a crafters heaven............also discussions of projects in various stages............we talked lots but I think the dh's talked more.............lol.............Maree you have to get her to post a pic of the tiniest cross stitch I have ever seen.............not sure how she did the stitches............

we had a few issues after leaving Cardygirls (to late) - I started off driving then it got dark............no problems I drive in the dark all the time - but you know you should always go with the gut instinct not the stupid Mrs Bossy Boots (aka GPS) and dh - some weird directions given and the car came to a sudden stop................I knew it was wrong so I refused to drive any further - dh took over the driving then............
we arrived at Tutti Fruiti's later in the evening........lucky she was still awake........she was all chatter of the days events at Stitches and Craft and all the wonderful girls there in the incubator..............would I sleep for the night.............thankfully I did...............
(look what beauty surrounded me Tutti Fruiti's stand)

(Audrey and Maude's)

after an early rise Friday and a bad run with traffic (give me my cattle traffic anytime) we made it to Rosehill with time to spare...............Tutti's stand was next to Audrey and Maude aka Cathy and Lousie.............it was like catching up with old friends and meeting so many more new ones...............

Kristen Cheeky Beaks (above and below)

I also got to hang out here with Ink and Spindle, Bettina - bkh Designs, Kristen Doran (Cheeky Beaks) Dear Fii, Justine from Mixedtape, Kate from Two Little Banshees was around the other side with Mr Banshee and baby Banshee (she is super cute) and Rummage,

snippet from Dear Fii's stand below
so much inspriation..............and this is only Friday..............you'll have to come back for Sat..............

20 comments:

Belinda said...

Thanks so much for your help. I couldn't have done it without you. Can I book you in for next year??

Leanne said...

Lots in that post looks like a fun time was had by all. Am I feeling a little tension in the car after leaving Candygirls LOL.

Cardygirl said...

Looks great...sorry you were late leaving...where did you get lost? We were thrilled to see you both!

Jo in TAS said...

Sounds like bloggers heaven to me!

Julia said...

Oh wow, Donna, what a time you had!
That GPS can get you lost sometimes..glad you got home safely.
Julia ♥

Kate said...

So nice to meet you! Ca't believe how much fun the week was.

Cheryl said...

Such a wonderful post with so much eye candy!! Looks like a lovely time. I can't believe I forgot to sign up for the SCCS...sign me up please. Thanks for keeping tabs on me elf Donna!

Chocolate Cat said...

Bring on the next few days!! If I can't do it myself then I'm more than happy to share your fun!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You go girl.......

Cathy said...

fantastic wrap-up . So glad you made it even with the stupid gps! I hate them! Give me the street directory anytime.

Anonymous said...

Glad that you made it safely and had a great time catching up with everyone!! Can't wait till the next installment is here!!

jodie said...

glad you had fun. lovely eye candy. like the new header too.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Donna! Nah!! You've still got a ways to go before your posts are as long as my long-winded stories! Tee! Hee! Hee! Still ... I did enjoy the cuppa AND the peek at some of your adventures - can't wait to see what else you got up to and what goodies followed you home. Oooohh ... know what you mean about the bossy boots GPS thingy - ours has been nicknames "Prissy Pricilla" and she quite often gets very huffy with us when we don't go the way she thinks we should! :0) Hope you're resting up after your adventures! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Unknown said...

TFS I Love to see the Booths at these shows Especially when I can't get there...Hope to next year...Looks like it was a Great Day'ssss.
Cheers

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

WOW lots in that post, and more to come... anticipation is a good thing huh. Looks like you all had so much fun. Glad that you made it safely home.

Jodie said...

It really was blognormous ! We must figure a way to get you to melbourne.

Annie said...

GREAT to spend time with you again. Great post

Judith Tetley said...

Oh so good to look at Chooky and it's only "day 1"....can't wait to hear about what came home with you.
Hugs...Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Jenny said...

Weren't all the stalls just glorious? Wish I could do it all again this Saturday-one day just wasn't enough!So lovely to meet you:)

karen @ badlandsquilts said...

thanks for sharing the photos, they were fun to see. I just ordered some fabric from Kristen Doran!