Tuesday 24 September 2013

motivation - where are you..............

I've been back to the 2nd camp with the girls...........I talked about it here.........
this is a pic of the fire sculptures at the end of the main concert.............
the echidna...........
remember I spoke about the massive artwork for the back drop...........
here are the primary kids in front of the backdrop...........
representing the theme fire and water........the river intertwined in our lives..........
the music also reflected the theme..............
I've also meet a lady who I since discovered is a blogger............
check out Indigo and Quince........she's a keen knitter......
And struggling to get motivated into some sewing but I got this binding attached for a friend...........another girlfriend will stitch the binding down for her...........then she will have to buy the bottle of champagne for the 3 of us to share together once it is done................lol............
Ok better go............loving the school holidays........also off work before I start 5 weeks fulltime.........I have not worked a town job 5 days a week for 5 weeks for 19 years..............OMG what did I sign up for..........
32deg yesterday and the same forecast for today but tomorrow they have forecast 34deg C - "summer" please let me enjoy spring for a bit longer..............

15 comments:

Salley said...

"Real Work" ?? Gee, wish I could drop around a few casseroles...you'll be too tired to cook let alone sew. I might have to go without a Chooky Quilt fix for awhile. blah...*note: cross/unhappy blog stalker face*

Susan said...

Motivation is a bit lacking here too......if this is Spring I'm not looking forward to summer at all. Hope your work block goes ok.....maybe a fabric reward at the end.

Deb said...

Love the colours on your friends quilt..... 5 weeks full time, you are going to be knackered!! Pace yourself and think of a reward for yourself at the end.....

Susan said...

That will be hard with all the farm stuff as well.
Summer is also here - already hanging out for next April!
Motivation - I think just wait - by the time you have finished all the work you will be desperate to sew again.
Love the colours in the quilt.

Cardygirl said...

Great pics....hope it is a better summer for you x

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun time and look forward to the HOT school holidays. Hope the bushfires don't start :(

Anita said...

How cool are the fire sculptures and rt work!!
Good luck with the work thing.....my first day back today.....came home in a bad mood lol

Cheryl said...

Five weeks full time will test you out Chooky. Think everyone gets a bit weary at this time of the year, and lacks a bit of motivation at times - am sure it will return soon

Nicky said...

Crazy times Mrs Chooky. Love the pics of the kids. Best wishes for the next 5 weeks, make the most of your weekends...

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Love that fire art work....I hope that you get your Mojo back soon.

Googy Girl said...

The fire art work is great, you are going to be super busy.....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks like fun.....you can do it Chooky ....xxx...found that mojo yet!!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Fantastic photos and artwork. I do hope nature is kinder to you this summer. You do get out of the way of fulltime work when you go part time but with all the hard work you do at home I am sure you will settle in quickly. Enjoy your champers with your friends.

Sonia said...

WOW, the camp looked amazing...I bet the girls had a great time. Love the light spectacular.

Spring - yes where is it...warm one here today too.

Jan said...

You've got a lot on your plate, Chooky; don't forget to be kind to yourself. Enjoy the school hols.