Tuesday 8 October 2013

hemming.............

Yep pretty boring pic...........hems on school pants x2............BORING.............and it was the only sewing I have done in the last week or more...........thank goodness Googy Girl showed me how to hem on the machine..............once I remember the way to put the fabric all is good............
My voice started to come good on Saturday and then went again.................it was a struggle talking to customers at work today...........thank goodness it wasn't too busy...........and no one was hard of hearing.............i've sounded very odd for 2 weeks now..........with it almost disappearing mid sentence.....deep and raspy or nothing...........totally over it......
the family are happy as I can't yell at them........lol.....
&&&&&
School holidays are over and it's back to reality.........
Boy Wonder has done all the work with Mr Chooky in the holidays so I have had a break from that............still no rain and nothing forecast for a few weeks......optimism is disappearing.........
.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to hear from you chooky,hope you are better soon and that you also get some rain soon,take care.xx

Susan said...

Hemming pants.....a necessary evil unfortunately. Hope you're feeling better soon, and the Spring rain hurries up.

creations.1 said...

Your voice sounds like mine has been for the last month - nearly back to normal now! I forget this happens to me every year in September - doesn't take long to remember tho!! Totally boring sewing there Chooky!!lol

gracie said...

Sending good wishes that soon you will feel much better.

Katherine said...

I'm with you... hemming is boring, but at least with the machine it is faster. :o)

Goodness, hope you're back to yourself soon. Sending get well wishes and hopes for some rain....

Take care,
K

Raewyn said...

Golly, hope you do get well soon and that there are more adventurous things than hemming in your life soon :-)Also hoping you get some rain soon to make life on the farm a little less stressful.

Cardygirl said...

Hope you are feeling better soon....hemming pants is boring....but aren't you a good mum!

Cheryll said...

Just as well typing doesn't need sound... good to see the machine put to use... even if for hemming!
Hope you are "well" asap! :)

Fiona said...

hope your voice comes back soon.. it is exhausting trying to talk when it is like that.... enjoy your hemming!
Hugz

Leanne said...

I could say something about you loosing your voice but I wouldn't. Hope it rains for you soon.

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Now you will have to teach me how to hem on the machine. That would be awesome to know. Hope you are feeling better. Im on the mend now.😛

Kylie said...

You're having trouble talking? How the heck are you coping?!

Me? My machine is at the doctors...not happy!

Anita said...

You will have to show me how to hem on the machine.....I pay someone to do it lol
My voice has been shocking the last week or so, dr says is the dry weather!

sewkalico said...

Ah hems!! Hate them and hate when people ask me to 'quickly hem this' as if I have no other sewing I'd rather do lol. Hope you're back to 100% volume soon :)

Deb R said...

quilters done hem lol !!!

FloS said...

I hope you could sew something more funny soon !!
Florence

Cathy said...

Hang in there Chooky. I haven't been in Blogland for a while I hope you are ok!!

Jenny said...

I think hemming pants is the MOST boring job.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Have you got your voice back?...cause mine has gone too!!...maybe they have gone to Samoa together! LOL