Thursday 15 September 2016

Oh my %$&()*%##&* god....

See the baby plover in the water.............he is so cute...maybe 10cm high when standing on the ground.......I have seen the plovers at this water hole for weeks now so thought there could be babies......they are fiercely defensive mothers..........
So I am supposed to be going on retreat today..........lucky I packed the car yesterday..........the trip into town for work was horrendous........worst I have ever had I think.........got bogged twice.......spent more time sideways and travelling from one side to the other then on the road............2 cars had been in before me.........one of them had taken out a sign post...........
and more rain is forecast so I may not go home til I finish town work next week..........sorry about all the mud on the windscreen......
So after a 6hrs trip yesterday afternoon to pick someone up I am now in a motel on my way to the Bathurst Blog Meet........see the little counter on my sidebar.......
you should see how many million projects I packed in the car........I could stay away for months and not get them finished but hey we always need options when on retreat.............
1/2 these awesome girls (2015 pic) plus some new ones will be hanging out together for the weekend...........
I can't wait to give them all a big hug and catch up............
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue...........

23 comments:

jude's page said...

hope you have a fabulous weekend, and there has been lots of rain in SA this week too. Bit of a contrast to the last 2 years. A real winter!

kiwikid said...

Loads of rain here too...boy that is dangerous driving conditions!! Take care Chooky and have a wonderful retreat, enjoy!! Hope you can get back home ok too.

kiwikid said...

Loads of rain here too...boy that is dangerous driving conditions!! Take care Chooky and have a wonderful retreat, enjoy!! Hope you can get back home ok too.

annemariesquilt said...

UPS looks like trouble to me ... I sure hope you will get home safely and I hope you will have a lovely weekend sewing :-)

Susan said...

Enjoy, and safe travels.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Have heaps of fun 😍😍😍😍

Simone Harding said...

Pleased you got out and have packed lots. See you tomorrow.

KimM said...

Have a grand time! Glad you made it into town safe and sound.
xxx

Ondrea said...

Keep safe! Have heaps of fun and hope you manage to get some sewing done lol.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Yikes! We have that trouble with snow in the winter, but I think snow is more easily remedied than mud! Hope you have a fantastic retreat. Why do we take more projects than we will ever finish? I always dream of finishing them all before I head home - ha! Have fun and have a safe trip home.

gracie said...

Just to see all the smiles I would say the trudging to get there was worth it all. Have a great time.

Maria said...

Have the best time and you have plenty to keep you busy if it's too boggy to go home.....

Sue SA said...

You poor thing, getting bogged was always exciting when we were kids but now I am an adult, it is not an experience I enjoy at all! My memories of going to school in winter were of sliding all over the road - but we got sealed roads when I was in my 20's. So I hope the shire give you sealed roads....one day! Enjoy your sewing trip.

Wendy said...

Hope you have a very lovely time at retreat! Enjoy your millions of projects as well as the good company! Hopefully the roads will dry a bit before your return.

CountryMum said...

Hope you have the most wonderful weekend!!

Fiona said...

ooooh... muddy muddy over there... Have a lovely time...
Hugz

Susan said...

travel safe...have fun...wind down...i always take plenty in case i get rained in...can only hope....

Jan said...

So many familiar faces in that retreat photo... wish I didn't live so far away. Have a great time away and take extra care on the roads, Chooky - the driving conditions sound horrendous.

creations.1 said...

heaps of rain here - feel guilty saying I don't want anymore - at least no problem getting out of driveway - enjoy your weekend Chooky - will be thinking of you all and all the fun I am missing out on!!

pandchintz said...

Have a fabulous weekend!! Looking forward to lots of pictures. Travel safely.

Gail said...

To Quote you "Bugger, bugger, bugger!" Only time I'm sideways in the road is in deep snow-it's scary!

Jenny said...

I hate it when you all go on retreat without me. Enjoy

Anita said...

Thank goodness you were able to conquer the road and get to retreat!