Monday 1 January 2018

Recruitments open.......

Yesterday I recruited an apprentice aka niece.......it's our sewing time...... Not that she knew what she wanted to sew but it is our first real sewing session together.......
So I put her to work on laying out no 1 ruby red lips........
Then she started sewing it........
I love encouraging kids to sew....... Must show you the quilt fairy girls friend made at the start of the holidays......
I'm still working away on no 7 mystery box .... I know why I stopped it was with frustration at bias edges but it won't beat me this time......
Catch you later......
Chookyblue.....

8 comments:

gracie said...

Love the fabric....you always have lovely quilt projects.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

So good to have a keen Apprentice!

Susan said...

It's great to encourage the young ones - we need young ones to carry on the tradition - and to off load our stashes to!!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

What Susan said lol! You are making wonderful memories for that young lady xx

Sharm said...

They are so lucky to have somebody teach them how to use a sewing machine! I had to learn by trial and error and it took a very long time - I think it's why I don't find sewing as easy as others might!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lucky you ❤️❤️❤️

Jenny said...

It's always nice to teach the younger ones to sew. I'm glad its not too hot in the chook shed.

Bethan said...

Lovely to have your apprentice! x