Wednesday 14 October 2009

blue mountains and SSCS update............

first cold stop on holidays was the Blue Mountains.......we went to the Toy and Railway Museum at Leura.......worth a stop such a wonderful collection..........directly opposite is a park with the views below..........this little yellow flower on a shrub at the park..........

woops left to right views...........


spectacular............


would have loved to get down on this little bridge...........


there was an amphitheatre that would be a wonderful place for a special event...........down at the rails is where I  took my pics.............


and as we just can't grow tulips where I live I had to snap these at the Toy Museum garden............lovely garden to wander thru there too..........


SSCS participants............

I sent out an email this afternoon................check your emails as you must reply or I will start to worry........
..........to all the girls who have replied thanks so much............I love all the excitement and planning you are into.........everyone is on track so far.........a few people are finished...........OMG I must get a move on to keep up with those well organised girls.....but it does let me take a sigh of relief...
...don't forget to snap pics (and email to me) of your present before you wrap them for posting off between the 20th-25th November.............
ho ho ho .........Chookyblue............

19 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Glad to "see" you back! Your picsof the Blue mountains are great..one of my favourite places! Sounds like you had a lovely holiday!

Bec said...

Ho Ho Ho!
Welcome back! It looks like you had a lovely time away.
Bec xxx

Shari said...

What a gorgeous trip! Just lovely views... hope it was restful and wonderful!

jodie said...

beautiful pics of a beautiful part of our country chook.

Helz said...

Great to see you were able to get away for a bit of a break over the holidays Chookyblue... Green rolling hills would take one heck of an imagination to describe our paddocks too !!!

Kaaren said...

Awesome pics and gorgeous scenery. I love to see pics of Australia.

Sounds like you had a great time.

annemariesquilt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
annemariesquilt said...

Thank you for thoose lovely pics..
They makes me want to go and visit, maybe I will actually do it sometime;-))

Sorry just some wrong spelling...

Rebecca said...

I miss my tulips I use to grow the red ones in Tassy but like you I can't grow them. So I will just look at your photos for now.
Hugs Bec

Sarah Slaven said...

sounds like you had a good time away. I love the little yellow flower

RG said...

Simply stunning photos Donna!!
Enjoy your holidays :D

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Aren't the blue mountains gorgeous? I haven't been there for years, so I enjoyed your pics. Thanks for the email too xo

Janet said...

The blue Mountains is one of my most favourite places to visit, that and Jenolin caves.I'm not keen on winter there though, awfully cold.

Judith Tetley said...

Beautiful pics Chooky. My sister lives in the Blue Mountains....one of my favourite places.
Many Blessings
Judith
http://creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Leanne said...

Glad you had a nice relaxing holiday. It's nice to have a total change of scenery.

Janaina said...

OMG!!!! What a beautiful place! Those pics are awesome! Well done!
Welcome back! =)

Unknown said...

Ho ho ho I have to begin sewing what I am going to send :)

dutchcomfort said...

Those blue mountains are breath-taking!

Take care!

Jossie said...

Love to see your pics of the Blue Mountains. They bring back memories of a time long ago!