Sunday 25 April 2010

dinner..........

Not long after I put up the last post I found myself madly helping to shed the sheep we need to shear...........I was a "drowned rat" by the time we finished but most of the sheep were pretty dry and will be right for shearing...........wet sheep can take a while to dry out and the shears are already quite behind with all the rain this year...........all this before breakfast.............
Also as it was raining again when we should have headed into town for the ANZAC day march - we didn't head in......I got the kids to watch some of the Sydney march and Anzac Cove ceremony...
...the weather has cooled down quite a bit tonight so I pulled the crock pot out and put on a casserole........
you can see why I am sitting on the lounge at home "WATCHING" MasterChef..............lol........I would not win any prizes for my presentation.........'slops on plate'....'lacks colour'.....'I would not serve that up in my restaurant'..........lol......but hey this is my kitchen and I know I am on a winner on a cool day for my family.............they LOVE this one.......good beef casserole with whatever I have thrown into the pot..........
and to top it off a fresh loaf of bread .............bookworm had been requesting a 'fancy loaf' 
I wished we had smelly internet.............
Catch you later...........
Chookyblue.......

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just watching Masterchief too and I can see what you mean but I can vouch for any of your meals tasting beautiful. I say start a restaurant using camp ovens and I would eat there all the time. Now I might go and find something for crockpot dinner tomorrow night.:)

Rumi said...

YUM! Can almost smell that wonderful bread through my screen!

Grethe said...

For me this(blogging,I mean)is a good education, not only sewing, but foodwise as well.
Yes agree,I can almost smell that bread through the screen! So may be I`ll bake a bread or two in
the afternoon, with crockpot dinner as well :-)

DAWNIE said...

The loaf of bread looks awesome and your meal looks good too - best it tastes yummy.

Carrie P. said...

Wow, shearing sheep, I can't even imagine what that must be like but I can imagine how good that dinner and bread smell.

Love Bears All Things said...

Umm! That looks so good it is making me hungry. Haven't had my breakfast yet.
I love using the crock pot.
We had some rough weather here yesterday. Finally, we have had some rain.
Mama Bear

ranette said...

I'm with Carrie...sheep shearing? Now that's impressive!!!

The bread looks yummy and my mouth is watering for a bite!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh yummmm Donna! It's chilly and rainy here too, and although it's just breakfast-time here, that dinner sure looks delicious!!!

Unknown said...

I can smell it, ummmm, colour or lack of colour looks tasty.

Barb said...

I am so hungry right now...and that looks so wonderful!!

Leisa said...

Looks like a wonderful autumn evening meal - I really must work this slow cooker of mine out!!

Margaret said...

We need sheep breeders , and of course the shearers have to be fed and I bet your shearers get a good whoesome meal as well. Your family meal looks just like mine , Scrumptious, better than lacks colour.

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Looks great. I wish we had internet smell too, I love the smell of bread, and that loaf looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

Any leftovers !!!!....my car works in the mud now...heat some up...lol...oooh dear...thats right, its hogs breath today....!

Liz said...

Yep, casserole weather is here again, yipee, I love a good stew!! We had lamb casserole and mash last night and I just caught up with Masterchef on the net this morning! So all's well again. Have a great week.
Lizzie
xxx

Catsngrams said...

Wow I wish we had smelly internet too. That bread looks so tasty.

Kylie said...

Hey chook - what do you put in your beef casserole?

simplestitches said...

oh Yum!
yeah smellonet would be great...that looks delish....
Julz

Kaaren said...

MMMmmmmm. Looks delicious. Beef stew is one of my dh's favorite meals.

I think I missed dinner but I just might make dessert. Plug in the kettle, Chooky. I'm catching the next flight out.

A girl can dream, right?

Aunty said...

The dinner looks great and I bet it tastes yummy too. I make a great pumpkin soup which also looks like slops but hey we want great tasty food don't we no matter what it looks like.

Anita said...

Glad you got the sheep dry!
I think your food looks great, looks much tastier that some of the "trendy" food !!

May Kristin said...

Mmmmm, looks good! I can almost sence the smell...!

Saska said...

my stomach doesn't care what color it is..as long as it tastes good!

I can smell the wet woolies too.

Bec said...

It all looks good, I am sitting here with freezing toes and your dinner is looking pretty warm and filling! Can almost smell it.....